8009 Allentown Rd
Ft Washington, MD 20744
* Only limited applications of Turf Trust are needed each year to maintain and promote healty-growing turfgrass. Applications of Turf Trust are timed for early spring (to coincide with the spring surge of growth to promote expanded leaf production for sugar production), in late summer (as senescent roots die, energy must be available for the prodution of new roots) and late fall (to increase carbohydrate prodution by new grass blades to support late winter tillering and rhizome developement of cool-season grasses.)
* Sunny and shady lawns maintained with Turf Trust contain the primary or secondary minerals needed for optimum performance throughout the year. Aside from primary minerals of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Turf Trust also provides good levels of secondary minerals essential for turfgrass growth, including boron, copper, calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, molybdenum, sulfur and zinc.
* Turf Trust provides a balanced nitrogen supply for lawns. A one-pound application of nitrogen per thousand square feet in late winter supports carbhydrate production by grass blades without triggering quick, uncontrolled growth. The combination of water-soluble (WS) and water-insoluble nitrogen (WIN) promotes growth, but not with the usual loss of sugar stored in the roots. The 9- to - 12 week release of water-insoluble nitrogen from Turf Trust Fertilizer is responsible for the dramatic increase in sugar production through the spring. The more sugar stored in grass roots through late May, the more likely that lawns will withstand "summer stress" conditions of tropical humidity and heat arriving in June.
*Non Turf Trust treated Lawns suffer through the summer months when grass blades often turn chlorotic. Yellowing of grass blades is generally attributed to a lack of iron and magnesium in the cell tissue. Turf Trust contains both secondary minerals to prevent chlorotic conditions from developing, thereby maximizing photosynthetic prodution of carbohydrates over the summer.
* In early September, cool-season grasses celebrate a birthday. Roots in place for three or more years generally die of senescence. Suddenly, grass is without the means to extract moisture from the soil. This sudden imbalance could kill grass plants were it not for the flush of energy provided by Turf Trust. A one-pound application of nitrogen per thousand square foot from Turf Trust Fertilizer reverses the decline to turfgrass. Water-soluble nitrogen (WSN) flows to immature roots which use the energy to develope lateral roots in the upper 5-to-10 inches of soil when air temperatures remain between 65 and 75 degrees. By Halloween, some eight weeks later, Maryland lawns have produced a new network of roots to store sugar and other minerals over the winter.
* An early November application of Turf Trust at the one-pound rate heralds a monumental effort by Maryland grasses to manufacture and inventory huge amounts of sugar by leaf blades. While daytime temperatures hover in the low 50's, soil temperatures run considerably higher, allowing grass plants to utilize the Halloween application of energy. When temperatures finally drop to 40 degress around Thanksgiving, shoot growth stops entirely, but the slow-release nitrogen provides roots with energy to continue growing beyond the holidays. Only when frost reaches the root zone in mid-to-late January does Turf Trust stop nurturing grass plants.
Ecological Assets of Turf Trust 24-2-12
* Turf Trust Lawn Food (24-2-12) synergizes with Maryland's effort to reduce problems stemming from the abuse, misuse and over-fertilization of residential lawns by homeowners. Only three applications of Turf Trust lawn fertilizer are recommended for residential lawns, each coinciding with dramatic change in the performance of cool-season grasses. The one-pound application rate of nitrogen has been supported by turfgrass experts. In 1995, a protracted turfgrass study by Michigan State researchers documented that as long as fertilizer application was held to a maximum of one pound of nitrogen per thousand square feet, leaching losses were negligible. Nitrogen and phosphorus could not possibly leach into aquifers, streams, rivers, even the Chesapeake for that matter. In a 1977 study at Texas A&M, reseachers found that when slow-release fertilizers were applied to the soil, nitrate levels were so low they met EPA standards for drinking water.
Late Fall Lawn Fertilization with Turf Trust
In order to grow the perfect pest free lawn you will need to fertilize your lawn in the late fall with Turf Trust. Your grass stops growing once temperatures stay consistently below fifty degrees Fahrenheit. You will notice that your grass no longer needs to be mowed, but your grass may remain green because photosynthesis will continue to occur. Because the leaf is no longer growing, there is a decline in the amount of sugars needed from the photosynthesis. The sugars that are produced will be transported to the crown, root, rhizomes, and stolons for either new growth or storage.
A properly timed Turf Trust application will promote sugar production and the grass roots take advantage of this. Your lawn will benefit from late fall fertilization with a greener lawn in the spring without excessive upright growth. Additionally, there have been less reports of leaf spots in the spring with a late fall fertilization application.
For a perfect lawn it is vital that Turf Trust is applied at a proper time. Do not use winterizer or starter fertilizers with high phosphate (the middle number on the bag). There is an old wives tale that phosphate should be applied in late fall or as a winter fertilizer. It was wrongly thought that the phosphate helps the roots grow. There has been no evidence that phosphate used as a late fertilizer is beneficial, but there have been incidences of winter kill as a result of the use of phosphate as a fertilizer in the late season. If your phosphate levels are low there will be no harm to your lawn. You can test your lawns phosphate level with a home soil test. Also, it is important to keep the phosphate levels low to to prevent pollution. In order for your lawns’ roots to grow deep, you need to apply nitrogen. Turf Trust has the perfect blend of phosphate, nitrogen, and all the necessary nutrients for your lawn to have the best spring fall root development, crown growth, and spring green-up possible.
* I am from New Hampshire and came to your nursery and purchased 1 bag of turf trust. used it on an experimental part of my lawn. wow is it green. so I am ordering 2 more and try on another section. Ralph Kangas - New Hampshire
* For our 39 yrs. of marriage my husband was the gardener. He installed drains, turf, put in plants and flowers. I just admired and bragged about what he did. When he died last year, I did not know the difference between a flower and a weed. Hearing Garden Sense one Saturday and listening to Mr. Roozen, I decided to take notes. All he kept t alking about was Turf Trust. So that is how I began. I bought Turf Trust and followed the directions spreading it on our very small two sectioned front lawn as a test. As I live on a half acre lot, the front was my planned test area. The lawn now looks very green. I cut it to a 4 inch height and was amazed. This stuff really works! By using Turf Trust I learned the lawn can look and be healthier than it was before and that this beginner can produce good results! - M. Heubusch - Alexandria, VA
* This is the third season I've been using Turf Trust and WOW what a difference in my lawn. It's not available in my area so I either drive to Maryland or have it shipped to me. No 4 step program for my lawn. I'll be trying Plant Trust for the first time this season for all my trees and shrubs. Keep the great products coming. Thanks - S. Boucher - Camp Hill, PA
* I was having a conversation with a young man with an accent at Roozen Garden Center in Fort Washington Maryland. I had some concerns about the nitrogen in fertilizers and how it may affect my lawn in the hot summer months. My lawn at the time was an average lawn. I have a sprinkler system, but my lawn was not as full and green as I thought it could be. The good gentleman told me about turf Trust and gave me a printed lawn renovation program schedule sheet. He told me, Turf Trust fertilizer is the only fertilizer I will ever need. I purchased two bags of the fertilizer, went home and applied the fertilizer to my lawn. After a few weeks, I had my lawn cut at about 4” and I noticed a full green look. At the time of the second cut, I noticed a richer, thicker lawn with a deep green color. All that week, I received comments from my neighbors stating that my lawn looked like carpet. I had not thought about it quit like that, but, after considering what was said, I thought to myself, it does look like carpet. I applied the fertilizer in June, and I did not apply anything else all summer long. My lawn retained the full luster look and green color during the hot summer months. I quit familiar with all types of fertilizers from Urea to the Scotts and I have not had results like what I received from turf Trust. This is good stuff! It is like my lawn was on steroids. I was left with a dilemma; do I let my neighbors in on my secret? I did tell them about it; they purchase it and are now enjoying the benefits. - D. Simon - Ft. Washington, MD
* For 26 years I have fought the war to have a decent lawn. My neighbor to the East has a cow pasture and the neighbor to the North has a horse pasture. I tried various products including the 4-Step ones. My lawn looked like a pasture, patches of grass and lots of weeds. This past year I used the products mentioned on Garden Sense which includes Turf Trust. What a difference! In just one season, the weeds were under control and and my grass has become thick with a healthy and rich green appearance. Now my grandkids like to play on it! Thanks Turf Trust. - J. Ruspi - Laytonsville, MD
* Since starting a lawn program this past spring, using Turf Trust, neighbors have been stopping by, asking what products I have been using. Many have been surprised that I don't use a lawn service, or Scotts products. Turf Trust, with proper watering, keeps my lawn lush and green. It's the envy of my neighborhood. - B. Hildebrand - Dagsboro, DE